Water jet cutting allows cold cutting without shaking and thermal influence of the cut material and production of complex shapes by a single operation including holes, all at a low cost for one-piece orders and with short delivery times.
The essence of water jet cutting is high-speed hydro-abrasion of the divided material by the pressure of a water jet with an abrasive material supplement through a special nozzle. Water jet cutting takes place on a computer-controlled CNC table according to the programme; many difficult shapes can be created in one operation. The advantage of water jet cutting is high accuracy and quality of the cut. Water jet-cut products can be used in engineering, construction, electrical engineering, the light industry, advertising, and interior and exterior furnishings.
Advantages of water jet cutting:
- cold cut without vibration, no thermal effect on the cut material,
- the cut is clean without micro-cracks, adjustment and mechanical disruption
- versatility – it cuts even very difficult-to-separate and non-machinable material of different strengths,
- it cuts surfaces that are hardened, polished, plated, etc., without scratching the surface treatment,
- production of the most complex shapes in a single operation, including holes,
- minimal nozzle cut with maximum use of the semi-finished products,
- large material savings with computer part optimisation,
- low cost for unit orders.
Examples of cutting materials:
- tool steel, hardened steel, alloyed steel, stainless steel, spring steel,
- hardox, copper, brass, aluminium, titanium and other non-ferrous metals and alloys,
- granite, marble, tiles and other natural and artificial stones,
- plastics, fiberglass, composites, felt, floor coverings,
- rubber, klingerite, sealing materials, cork,
- textiles, carpets, leather, artificial leather,
- sheet materials, sheets, strips, surface-treated boards – dyed, polished, glazed, etc.
Hard materials cut by us have a slight bevel (approx. 0.5 mm) on the cut edge, cutting marks are visible. For thicker materials, there may be a slight undercutting of the material at the bottom of the shape. The resulting surface depends on the cutting speed; the higher the speed, the coarser the cut (we always consult the required cutting quality with the customer, on which the price depends).
Required data for specifying a cutting programme:
- dimensioned drawing, sketch,
- drawing in electronic form in “dwg”, “dxf” format.
Technical parameters of the workplace:
- the working area of the table is 2000 x 1300 mm,
- the thickness of the split material in metal materials is 0.1 – 20 mm,
- soft materials (polystyrene, polyurethane, foam core) can be cut to a thickness of 100 mm,
- the cutting accuracy ± 0.5 mm.
The price of water jet cutting depends on:
- supplied data for processing (drawing, data in electronic form),
- the type, quality and thickness of the material, the quality of the cut and its complexity,
- handling demands, consumption of underlying materials,
- seriality and total volume of orders, packaging requirements and transport layouts.
Examples of materials cut with the addition of abrasive (pruning approx. 1 mm, slightly beveled cut):
- granite, marble, tiles, ceramics,
- copper, aluminium and their alloys, all types of steels (hardened and tool steel).
Examples of materials cut with pure water:
- soft plastics, felt, cork, foam material,
- various sealing materials (klingerite, rubber, etc.),
- carpets, linoleum – advertising inscriptions and logos can be cut into these floor coverings.
V případě zájmu o službu neváhejte kontaktovat naše obchodní oddělení.